Meet The Doctor
Christopher David Burns, DDS
Dr. Burns is a talented and trusted dentist known for his upbeat and comforting chairside manner. Dr. Burns received his BS degree in Biology from the College of Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1985 from Georgetown University. Dr. Burns went on to do a prosthdontics residency at the VA hospital in Wilmington Delaware and graduated with a certificate in Fixed, Removable, and Maxillofacial Prosthodontics finishing in 1990. He practiced in Framingham, Massachusetts a few years prior to establishing his own private practice Dover, Delaware. In 1990, he was an an Associate Professor of Prosthodontics at Temple University School of Dentistry and in 1991, he became a part-time faculty member.
Dr. Burns has been nominated by Delaware Today magazine as one of the top doctors in his field twelve times (since the inception of Delaware Today magazines top doctor profiles).
- American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics
- American College of Prosthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Christiana Care Health System, Staff Member
- Christian Care Health System, Section Chief of Maxillofacial Prosthodontics
- Polytech High School, Instructor
- Delaware State Dental Society
- Kent Sussex Dental Society-President
In his spare time, Dr. Burns enjoys spending time with his family, hunting, fishing, woodworking, and gardening.